Pages

Translate

Sunday 22 December 2013

Running up to Christmas


Well folks its me again Storm and first off let me wish you all a happy Christmas and New year to all my readers. Also I'd like to say thanks everyone for taking the time to read my little blog.

Well then what have I been up to I hear you all ask. Well I can tell you Mum and Dad have kept me away from that funny smelling water,and as usual I've been enjoy some me time as well as family time on the sofa,yes as well as TV time.

Well Mum and Dad took me to a special service in the City Centre this week, where our Local Royal British Legion laid a wreath for all the Service Men and Women who have died during war time. Dad told me it was also to remember Animals that have served in the British Armed Forces as well. So I decide to resist the temptation to lift my leg on the War Memorial. Between you and me think Mum
and Dad might not have been to happy if I did.

Well after this went into this big building called the Town Hall. I could smell a  familiar smell. No not Monster Energy,but Coffee.
I pinch Dads coffee when he was not looking. Try to do the same with mum's Tea but she always catches me before I can. For some reason despite my best effort I didn't manage to get any Coffee but I did get loads of biscuits. The custard Creams are my favourite.As well as all the fuss I could handle I got to meet the Mayor of Peterborough. She was great she gave me the most Custard Creams. 
Dad kept reminding me I had to behave and not muck about as he said when I met the Mayor there was nothing I could play with or chew on in the room. Looked Like to me there was lots I could do and some great seats and chairs to try out. I also met a Man from the Armed Forces who had been out in Afghanistan. Now I thought these guys are meant to be tough.But he was a push over when it came to me getting another Custard Cream even got a Chocolate Bourbon out of him, but don't tell Mum or else Dad will get told off, as she says there bad for me.
Well after all those biscuits I was ready for home and ready to claim my space on the sofa for a nap.
I heard Mum and Dad talking about this big man that calls round about this time of year and he arrives in a sledge pulled by deers,what are deer? can anyone tell me. And according to Mum and Dad deer can fly and they have 4 legs and one of them has a red nose. 
So without a thought I decided to ask to go out in the garden and have a look and see If i could see anything.
Well Next day it was off out with Dad and his friend to go to a big park and Dad said we would see some Deer. Well when we got there wow never seen so much grass and area for me to run about in.
Well after a long walk for Dad and his friend and lots of me running around and lots of me doing my usual bit for the environment,Dad called me over and said we were about to see some Deer. Mummm not quit what I expected!!!
Well how do these things fly maybe if Dad lets me I could give this one a helping hand to give me a demo.Also as of yet not seen one with a red nose and no sign of the Big Red Fella either. I did try but Dad said I could  not do it,if I did the big fella would not bring me anything for Christmas. Well my way of thinking is I want to see the Big Red Fella get past me. Mum said he can get in the house have a mince pie and a glass of drink drop our presents off without me knowing about it.So Message to Santa " Bring it on Big Red Fella bring it on I'm waiting for you."
Well after a long morning at Bughley Park,Well I think that is where dad said we were, it was adopt  my favourite position on the back seat of Dad's friends car. You thought i was going to say the sofa.No that comes later.
OK a good snooze on the back seat in the car, we arrived at a river. Time for a swim I thought. No such luck think it might have had some thing to do with being in Dad's friends car.
  
Well must admit the water did look a bit cold and it was getting a bit chilly so I came up with an idea to find out just how cold the water was and also how deep it was. Well just as I was about to put this plan into action,which i must admit is a good one and well thought out, Dad called me. Dame I forgot one thing in my master plan for testing depth and temperature of water.What's that I hear you ask? I forgot Dad seems to know me to well, and always foils all my cunning plans.Think I need to work on this problem a little more.
Well while walking back to the car I found some chairs. Dad and his friend were talking about how nice it would be on a summers day to sit there with a drink watching the river and the birds. Personally I thing if Dad wants to do that I need to get the message over to him to bring my sofa down then I could join in.Need to put that on my things to get Dad to do for me list. Think he will as I seem to be able to get him to do most things for me. Mum , well still working on her she is a little harder to convince.
Well after a fun day it was Time for home my sofa was calling me. Hope mum's busy so I can then sneak on the sofa before she can stop me.
Well on arriving home what a shock I had apart from Tea the biggest shock was Mum. She invited me on to the sofa and Mum got some extra Storm Brownie point from me just have a look what she made me.




No comments:

Post a Comment